Your Good Vision Matters to us
Dr Kernt also worked under Professor Alain Gaudric at the Hôpital Lariboisiere in Paris and expanded his knowledge in the field of vitreal surgery at the Narayana Eye Hospital in Bangalore. Dr Marcus Kernt is a regular member of the teaching staff at the Ludwig Maximilian University in Munich and is qualified as a lecturer in ophthalmology there. He has full authorisation to teach ophthalmology. In addition to research into cell biology, his academic work primarily comprises clinical research of new treatment methods in the field of vascular retinal diseases and glaucoma, but also ophthalmological imaging and diagnostics. Within this framework Dr Kernt has collaborated on many academic publications, given numerous lectures at national and international conferences and has been awarded several top ranking academic grants, prizes and honours. In 2013, Dr Kernt was awarded the Theodor Axenfeld prize for his excellent academic world in the German-speaking world.
- general conservative and operative ophthalmology
- surgery on the anterior and posterior segments of the eye (refractive surgery (LASIK, Femto-LASIK, PRK etc.)), cataract operations (microincision cataract surgery, glaucoma operations)
- ophthalmological diagnosis and treatment of diabetes-related eye conditions, age-related macula degeneration (AMD) and retinal vascular occlusion (OCT, FLA, FAF, 3D cataract analysis, WF fundusimaging, Scheimpflug imaging etc., navigated retinal laser therapy (Navilas®) combined with combination treatments)
- diagnosis and treatment of corneal diseases (keratoconus etc.)
- ophthalmological diagnosis and treatment of: cataracts, diabetes-related eye conditions (diabetic retinopathy, diabetic macular oedema (DME), age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and retinal vascular occlusion
- operations on: cataracts, implant of premium intraocular lenses
- (e.g. multifocal and toric IOLs),
- operations to correct defective vision (LASIK, laser surgery on the cornea, intraocular lenses)
- operations on: corneal diseases (keratoconus)
- operations on: diabetes-related eye conditions (IVOM, intraocular surgery)
- laser treatment of the retina (including navigated laser treatment using NAVILAS)
- Diagnostic imaging:
- wide-angle SLO fundus imaging (retinal diagnosis without dilating drops)
- 3D cataract analysis
- optical coherence tomography (OCT)
- fluorescence angiography (FLA)
- fundus autofluorescence (FAF, including wide-angle fundus autofluorescence for the detection of peripheral
- changes to the retina)
- 3D corneal examination using Scheimpflug imaging (Pentacam) for diagnosis before refractive procedures and for the early detection of keratoconus
The premium centre for ophthalmology in Munich-Gruenwald, and its medical director Privatdozent Dr. Marcus Kernt want to offer you and your eyes the best possible medicine. In doing this, we have access to a broad range of highly modern diagnostic and treatment options in the field of ophthalmology. Our website www.augen-arzt.net aims to give you an overview of our services and also give you the option to find out more about out practice and the medical services we want to support you with wholeheartedly and with the maximum effort. Dr Marcus Kernt and his team are pleased to be able to help you with anything you need relating to good vision. The good transport connections (underground and bus right in front of the practice – „Forstenrieder Allee“ stop) and many parking spaces nearby and the upgrade to make the practice accessible mean that you can reach us easily and effortlessly in the heart of Munich Fürstenried.
In order to be able to provide you with the best possible treatment, we place a high value on the latest technology and the highest medical standards in both diagnostics and treatment. You can rely on the excellent specialist skills and experience of Dr Marcus Kernt in the field of ophthalmology. The equipment and instruments in our practice mean that we can offer you ophthalmology at the highest academic level and with the latest technical facilities which are comparable to those in an eye clinic. However, we place a high value on individual consultation and support so that you feel comfortable, your symptoms are treated appropriately and we meet the top level needs of our patients.
The equipment and instruments in our practice mean that we can offer you ophthalmology at the highest academic level and with the latest technical facilities which are comparable to those in an eye clinic.
However, we place a high value on individual consultation and support so that you feel comfortable in a private atmosphere and your symptoms are treated appropriately.